Mixtures, systems, interfaces: physico chemistry is an important component in cosmetics innovation, particularly in product conception and development.
- Design (new systems, compatibility…)
- Modeling & Simulation (QSPR, QSAR…)
- Analysis (laws of behavior, characterizations…)
- Formulation process
- Formulation development
- Safety (skin penetration…)
- Riu Advanced Research Department Director
Innovations in L’Oréal don’t only happen in the labs. They’re going on everywhere.
- Bertrand Head of Outsourcing for Asia, Hair Laboratories
You develop your own job. You feel there is no limit to what you can do.Charbel Advanced Research Director
Every day, I have to live up to the trust L’Oréal places in me.
- Jonathan Development Laboratory Manager
There’s nothing more complex than your skin and your hair.Leila Research Associate, Applied Research
It’s very exciting to know that you will discover, every day, something new.
- Rose Senior Evaluation Manager
To create beauty is very powerful.Diego Senior Development Scientist
To know there is a little bit of my work everywhere in the world is very satisfying.
To find out more
The triumphs of formulation
Formulation is one of the historic areas of L’Oréal’s Research and Innovation expertise.
A number of fields of physics contribute to our knowledge of skin and hair.
A scientific approach to the senses
The sensory dimension is essential in cosmetics. It is the final verdict on effectiveness. This is why L’Oréal created a dedicated laboratory very early on.